First off, I’d like to thank Marie Lavender and her blog, Writing in the Modern Age, for nominating me! Check out her blog here: http://marielavender.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award-nomination.html
Here’s the rules, if you’re intrigued.
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 – 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger that nominated you.
5. Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
So, here we go!
11 Facts About Me
1. I didn’t start writing until I was 40.
2. I’m very much more a cat person than a dog person.
3. Even fake spiders can scare the bajeebers out of me.
4. I like to cook.
5. I hate to clean.
6. I love jewelry.
7. We own approximately 250-300 movies on dvd/blu-ray.
8. My office wall is a mixture of fantasy art, SCA award scrolls, autographed photos, and art by my mother in law.
9. I adore raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries but don’t care for blueberries.
10. I’ve shed 81lbs in the last 8 months.
11. I get most fired up when someone tries to mix religion and politics, or religion and women’s rights.
Questions Asked By Marie Lavender:
1. Name three secrets that you never told anyone
A) I used to hate broccoli
B) I thought I saw Bigfoot as a child
C) My secret guilty pleasure is watching “The Maury Show”.
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Put money aside for my kids to go to college, pay off the house, and save the rest.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
Achieved – got published!
Not achieved – not down to a healthy weight. Yet.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why?
Retirement? LOL. That’ll happen when my hubby retires, and I’ll probably still be writing. We both have lots of places in the world we’d love to see, so I can see us doing some traveling as our budget allows.
5. Favorite drink on a Friday night?
Right now, due to my diet, alcohol rarely happens. Though I do like some Irish whiskey or hard cider when I can drink.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
Communication, commitment, and the ability to listen to each other.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Stubborn, determined, honest
8. Home-cooked meal or take-out?
Mainly home cooked right now because of my diet, but I also enjoy dining out. There are some days where it’s just too much to cook.
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
I post my blog on Mondays typically. The last one was on staying optimistic even when your books aren’t selling. And why it’s important not to let your frustrations out on social media.
10. What do you think the key is to happiness?
There’s a key? I think it’s different for everyone. In general terms, it’s finding something that you’re truly passionate about and do it, despite what anyone might say. Being true to yourself is better, I think, than staying in a job that kills you emotionally. A great paycheck is fine, but you won’t be happy if you don’t love what you’re doing to earn that wage.
11. Who is your favorite poet and why?
Shakespeare or T.S. Eliot. I’m not a huge poetry fan, but I like the sonnets and I love ‘Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats’.
Here’s my nominees!
1. Tony Rudzki http://writingsfromthefruitcellar.wordpress.com/
2. Todd Diel http://toddsshorts.blogspot.com/
3. Serena Zane http://serenazaneauthor.blogspot.com/
4. Kate McClure http://ommers.blogspot.com/2014/01/building-blocks.html
5. Jeff Hargett http://strandsofpattern.blogspot.com/2014/04/omalleys-flower-at-utah-childrens.html