It’s that time, everyone! Please welcome author Casey Knight!
1. What’s the title of your latest release? Link?
Fang Shway L.A. can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Fang-Shway-Casey-Knight-ebook/dp/B00L2IZ99Q/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1411997789&sr=8-1&keywords=fang+shway
My other novel, Dragon Down, can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Down-Casey-Knight-ebook/dp/B00M29WBO0/ref=la_B00MZM246E_1_2_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411997839&sr=1-2
2. Why do you like writing in this genre?
I love writing in this genre because it is an escape from my everyday life. In my books I can create people, places and situations that are exciting, challenging, tragic, and entertaining. My characters can grow, suffer and evolve and no one gets
3. What do you like to read?
I read a wide variety of books from non-fiction to poetry. I’ve read widely in my own genre to give me a better idea of what types of books readers are enjoying.
4. Favorite movie?
A Rumor of Angels.
5. What are your writing habits? Music or silence? Daily regimen or spurts of creativity?
I have four months off every summer so that is when I write. I usually write in the afternoons for two or three hours. I can listen to music with no lyrics and the music helps me block out the world. I’ve learned that I cannot “push my creativity”. If I’m stuck I put it out in the Universe and wait for direction. I usually get an enlightened moment or at least a direction within twenty-four hours or so.
6. What was the most surreal moment you’ve had as an author?
I think when I got my first rejection letter that was addressed to Dear Author. I realized that someone would publish my
books and I would become a published author.
7. How can readers find you?
On my author page at http://www.Casey-Knight.com
WordPress blog: [http://www.caseyknight.wordpress.com]
Solstice publishing: [http://www.solsticepublishing.com]
8. What do you know now about being published that you wish you’d known before submitting?
That it is easier to write a book then it is to market one. Fortunately, the Solstice community shares knowledge with and mentors first time authors very well.
9. Favorite snack/drink while writing?
I don’t really eat or drink when I write. It would distract me.
10. Look at your writing area…what’s the item you keep to inspire you (piece of artwork, figurine)?
My computer screen has a big picture of my beach. It is my happy place. Also, I will purchase and place hard copy of each book on my desk.
Thanks for stopping by, Casey! Best of luck with the books!