Yes, I know. It’s the First Monday and not the Last Monday. What can I say? I felt my post last week REALLY needed to be said.
Anyhow, today we welcome AJ Dormaar! Everyone play nice!
1. What’s the title of your latest release? Link?
“The Uncrowned Queen” http://www.amazon.com/UNCROWNEDQUEENJDormaar-ebook/dp/B00IXB6J6C/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394535709&sr=12&keywords=A.J.+Dormaar
2. Why do you like writing in this genre?
I can be as innovative as I please
3. What do you like to read?
Most genres, but I especially like epic historical adventure.
4. Favorite movie?
I have several ones. “Ben Hur” is a real classic, but more recent times I just loved the Lord of the Rings series.
5. What are your writing habits? Music or silence? Daily regimen or spurts of creativity?
I have spurts of writing and then days when I just mull over ideas in general. I love Celtic music, and always find that very inspirational.
6. What was the most surreal moment you’ve had as a author?
Having a very vivid dream one night where I dreamed I had become my own central character for real – creepy!
7. How can readers find you?
I am on Facebook at A.J.DormaarFan Page, also on Twitter @AlisonDormaar. I also have a blog at alisonjoyceblog.wordpress.com. There is a live reading of my first book “The Unclaimed Throne” on YouTube.
8. What do you know now about being published that you wish you’d known before submitting?
Just how hard the publicity aftermath is proving to be and getting my head around it all!!!
9. Favorite snack/drink while writing?
I try not to snack – no good for the waistline! But keeping up the water intake is always a good idea, with the odd coffee.
10. Look at your writing area…what’s the item you keep to inspire you (piece of artwork, figurine)?
I am lucky as I have a private study, which is nice and sunny. I don’t keep an item as such, but I do have a mountain of dogeared books on the shelves nearby.
One thought on “Last (First) Monday with….AJ Dormaar!”
Pingback: Inside the mind of Yours Truly | alisonjoyceblog